Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Say "i miss you"- You say "well you go out too"

Hey All.

How many of you have lived in a foreign country? Had to leave all your friends behind, your family, your boyfriend, basically everything you've ever known? Ever had to watch while all your old friends go out and have stories from the night out the next day that you weren't there for? Loose touch with people purely becuase they don't go on facebook often enough? Or have someone say "you should look at the photos" of night out you were't there for?...(yeah the photos are great but i'd rather not... )

Well i have...and it fucking sucks. I've missed friends' birthdays, my own mother's birthday, Valentines Day, trips to Dublin, nights out, the family Chriskindel...and i've only been gone six months. People at home don't seem to realise how fucking hard it is being over here. Yeah we go out aswell and we have new friends but do you really expect us not to miss our closest ones who are still at home? Do you expect us to LIKE missing people's birthdays or hearing stories that we weren't there for?! Yeah we want to hear the news but it doesn't make us miss you any less.

For me it's the little things....not the big gossip or the most major scandal of the night...i miss the little funny things that happen that you REALLY had to be there for...like bringing an orange to Silvers and eating it-messily. You can't relive those things and it makes me miss home even more. People at home don't seem to realise that they have EVERYONE from school, their family, their boyfriends/girlfriends and even their new frineds all only a drive or a text away...or atleast they have them all in the same fucking country.... Do you see what i'm getting at? We make new friends, but they're not like the old ones....we have stories, but we always wish you were there for them....we have birthdays here, but they're never as good as the old ones down the back garden with a few beers and some music.....

I miss my boyfrined, i can only talk to him on skype and i see him every other month for a few days at best. I miss getting hugs from him or hearing his voice...but not from the other end of a computer. I miss my friends, the fun we had, the random photos, Sleepover-isms, Gig-buddies, Anti-Christ Cat. I miss talking to them all at one time...not via computer and at odd times of the day or reverting to 'Poke Wars' for contact. I miss my family (also the fridge that ALWAYS has food in it), i miss the feeling of HOME. i don't get to go gome every weekend or even live there at all anymore. if i want to go home i have to pay for flights then make a six hour journey or more each way...and i HATE airports =(

I also hate the fact that being in a different country makes it harder for people to visit. My boyfriend has been over twice and my mom and sister have been over recently...but no one else. I'm lucky that ANYONE has even made the effort, i have friends here who no-one has come to visit purely because of work of the flight prices. So i'm lucky in that aspect. But you always wish your friends could get over here, you want to show them what YOUR life is like, where YOU go out,...but with college and being students i would say i'll only ever see them back in Ireland for the next 5 years.

So i think i've sufficiently moaned and depressed myself enough.( Must get back to Physiology... midterms AGAIN..what i wouldn't give for a written assignment...)Just to let you know next time i say i miss you remember i actually mean it..and i'm not JUST saying it because i'm out of the country. I remember a response i got from a friend when i said i missed going out with them, she said- "but you go out too"...Oh well then that settles it doesn't it? I GO OUT TOO....makes EVERYTHING soooo much better....How about you try this sometime?

Not in the loving mood today...
Your One And Only PitBitch.
xXx

1 comment:

  1. Hun, I miss you too! Alot! I may have friends here but you have always been one of my best friends! I don't get to see my two best friends anymore - you're in Budapest and Hannah's in Chicago. You guys are the people who know me best! I really wish I could fly over to Hungary to see you but you know how bad my money situation is! I promise I will save up and go over to you sometime! We need to start skyping properly and talking more! Email me sometime!

    I do get how you feel and I wish I could help more! But don't forget that we do miss you too and wish that we could see you more! Wicklow just isnt the same without you!

    Love you always!
    Síomha <3
    XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete