Wednesday, May 26, 2010

TRANSLATE THE FUCKING HUNGAIRAN...

Hey Honeys,

Haven't written in a while..mainly because i have had nothing worthwhile to say and nothing interesting has happened!! Feeling rather like a social recluse at the moment due to exams and such and i really doubt you are interested in how i wake up in the PM, lounge around all day, order pizza, and basically do sweet fuck all (pathetic i know...) But tonight something just REALLY pissed me off...it won't apply to people back in good ol' Ireland but those of us abroad might be effected (affected??! meh...i'll never know...) by it...

How many of you have gone onto a webpage and found you couldn't understand a word because it's written in bloody Hungarian?!! I can usually figure most things out...and SOMETIMES gooogle translate gets it's a$$ in gear and translates the odd word..but the majority of the time i'm left with ridiculously long words with too many Zs and not enough resemblence to the English words. I've been here for close to 9 months and so far i've kept my cool but right now i'm on the verge of fucking the damn computer out the window.. Possibly an over reaction but desperate times...

First i just want to say that google translate (GT) is a load of bollix on my computer...as much as my computer rebels against me i still expect the basic functions of translating to work... but apparantly not.... I have been forced to try and learn such words as "subscriptions" and "My videos" in the case of YouTube, where it appears that GT does not have the vocab or comprehension to be able to do it for me. I mean..isn't that SUPPOSED to be its JOB?!!! ....grrrr.....At the moment i cannot figure out how to add music to my playlists because of the hungarian-english language barrier and am in constant fear that by pressing a word i don't recognise i will either cancel my account or report some poor fucker for abuse.... The same actually goes for this blog...i do NOT know what "Blogger Dashboard" is in Hungarian so as you can see i've had issues even getting into my Blog to write this.... >=(

I just don't understand why the computer thinks i'm Hungarian?!! The ONLY Hungarian sites i ever go to are the college site and Netpincer (for ordering food..mmm...pizza...) I've asked it VERY nicely to translate Hungarian and my language is clearly set to English, yet this computer, which probably has a larger memory than i do, can barely keep itslef in English. Maybe i am just over reacting but it's feckin' annoying!!! TRANSLATE MY YOUTUBE BACK BITCH!!!!!! =( And also...a little note to Facebook...No i do NOT speak Magyar, I still couldn't the fifth time you asked me, and even the sixth. No matter how many times you ask me dear Facebook, the answer will still be "No i do not speak fucking Magyar, and by the looks of the bloody language i never will. So stop assuming that just because i live here i'm fluent!!!"

I would write a rather nasty, angry e-mail to the people behind Google Translate if i ever thought someone would actually read it or give a damn that some poor student in Hungary can't read her stupid YouTube account, but now that i've vented my anger i'll leave it another month or so before i get pissed with the translator again... =)

*oh and one more thing...i tried spell checking this but seeing as i am apparantly hungarian every word here is wrong according to the computer...so i do apologise for the mistakes etc...

Love As Always
Your One And Only PitBitch
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment